Web applications and web sites are not exactly same. There exists some differences. This article describes a comparison between web application and web site.
Web Application VS Web Site
Website and web application has some differences and are given bellow:
- Its primary role is to inform. We can say a website is informational
- Not all web sites are web applications
- In general sense websites are static
- No programming language is required
- No database is required
- Example: cnn.com
- Its primary role is to do something. We can say a web application is interactive
- All web applications are web site
- Web applications are dynamic
- Programming language is required
- Most of the time database is required
- Example: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Paypal
That’s all about website vs web application.