HTML5 is the enhancement of HTML4. It reduces some limitations of older versions.This article describes some important questions with answers in HTML5. Hope it will help you to build successful carrier.
What is HTML5?
HTML5 is a version of markup language for structuring and presenting content for the WWW or World Wide Web.
Give an Example of HTML5
A sample example of HTML5 is given bellow:
Welcome to cybarlab.com
Explain some difference between HTML and HTML5?
The previous version of markup language HTML4 has worked well, but it has some limitations. The HTML developers made a plan to overcome the limitations and try to build the HTML5. Some basic differences of html5 are given bellow:
- It is the upgrade version of previous html
- It includes some new controls (Local SQL Database, Audio, Video, date, placeholder, Canvas, 2D/3D Graphics, etc)
- It reduces some plug-in dependency
- Whenever possible, scripting is replaced with markup language
- It provides device independency
Is it required to use <! DOCTYPE html>?
Yes, it is required to use “<! DOCTYPE html>” at the beginning of any html5 documents. Unless browser will not be able to identify that it’s a HTML document and HTML 5 tags will not function properly.
Which browser supports HTML5?
At present almost all the browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari) support HTML5.
What elements have left in HTML5?
In HTML5 support most of the elements of previous versions. But some elements are no ore supported by HTML5. Some of them are given bellow:
What are the new form controls in HTML5?
HTML 5 support all the previous standard form controls, with some new. The new HTML 5 new controls are given bellow:
- search -used for search fields
- time – used to select a time
- date -used for input fields that should contain a date
- datetime -used to select a date and time with time zone
- datetime -local -used to select a date and time with no time zone
- month – used to select a month
- week -used to select a week
- number -used for input fields that should contain only a numerical data or value
- range -used for input fields that should contain a value between a range
- email -used for input fields that should contain a email or e-mail address
- url -used for input fields that should contain a web address or web URL
- tel – used for input fields that should contain a telephone number
Give some new multimedia elements in HTML5
HTML 5 includes some multimedia elements to fulfill multimedia operations. This reduces the need of third party plugins. Some of them are given bellow:
- audio -used to add audio on the page
- video -use to add video on the page
- embed -a container for 3rd party applications
- track -to add text tracks to media
- source – for A/V media sources
Give some new graphic elements in HTML5
HTML 5 includes some new graphical elements to draw graphical shapes on the page. Some of them are given bellow:
- svg -used to define vector-based graphics(SVG means Scalable Vector Graphics).
- canvas -used to draw graphics, on the fly with the help of scripting. It has several methods for drawing paths, text, boxes, circles, and adding images.
What are the new API’s for HTML5?
Some new API’s (Application Programming Interfaces) are included in HTML5. Some of them are given bellow:
- HTML Drag and Drop
- HTML Geolocation
- HTML Local Storage
- HTML Web Workers
- HTML Application Cache
- HTML SSE
What is the difference in caching between HTML older versions and HTML5?
That’s all about html5.