- What is jQuery?
- History of is jQuery
- Licensing of jQuery
- From where we Can Download jQuery ?
- Features of jQuery
- Why we should use jQuery?
What is jQuery?
History of is jQuery
jQuery was originally released by John Resig in January 2006 at BarCamp NYC.
Licensing of jQuery
jQuery is a free, open source software and licensed under the MIT License. Officially Microsoft has integrated jQuery into their IDE Visual Studio 2010.
From where we Can Download jQuery ?
We can download jQuery from its Official website.
Features of jQuery
The jQuery contains the following features:
- HTML/DOM manipulation
- CSS manipulation
- HTML event methods
- Effects and animations
- JSON parsing
Why we should use jQuery?
The advantages of using jQuery are:
- It helps to improve the performance of the site or application.
- It helps to build most browser compatible web site or web application.
- It helps to improved UI related functionality without writing lot of codes.
- It is very faster.
- It is extensible. That means we can extend it to implement customized behavior.
- In order to use jQuery no need to learn fresh new syntax’s.
At present jQuery is widely used in most of the web applications. Because, it is supported by most of the web browsers. It has some plugins that reduce the uses of lot of codes.